1 large zucchini yields around 4 servings
These little pizzas are absolutely delicious and taste so much like real pizza that you won’t even miss the crisp crust. They’re perfect for a party appetizer or to make as an after school snack with your kids. My son, who had NEVER even come close to eating zucchini, can scarf down 20 of these in no time! And the best part is that zucchini is a super healthy swap in for pizza crust – it’s packed with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-cancer benefits!
- 1 large zucchini (yellow or green)
- Rao’s marinara sauce
- Organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- Pink Himalayan sea salt to taste (optional)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut zucchini into ¼-inch thick rounds.
- Coat 13x9 baking dish with olive oil and place zucchini rounds on dish.
- Top zucchini with a small amount of sauce, a little bit of cheese, sprinkle with oregano and top with basil. Sprinkle lightly with salt if desired.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.