Makes 1 loaf
My daughter and I took a classic recipe for pumpkin bread and substituted some of the ingredients to make a "healthier version" by using a mix of almond and coconut flour instead of white flour and sweetened it naturally using maple syrup and honey instead of regular sugar. We also added our "signature topping" using crushed chopped walnuts and pecans. It came out super moist, fluffy and delicious! You can store it in the refrigerator for about a week, or slice and freeze and then defrost individual slices, by either letting them rest at room temperature or warm in the toaster.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil (I melted it in a saucepan on the stove)
For the topping:
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (use more of less depending on how sweet you want it)
- 2-3 tablespoons almond flour
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine topping ingredients in a separate bowl until it reaches a crumble consistency.
- Top the loaf with the crumble topping and bake for 50-55 minutes.