When you start off your meal with kale you know you’re doing your body good. This salad has so many amazing ingredients! The hearty roasted vegetables mixed with the creaminess of avocado and cashew cream and the crunchiness of the seeds is so delicious! I love this for a meatless Monday meal idea!
- 2 cups Kale
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 cups Butternut Squash cubed in bite size pieces
- 2 cups Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup Baby Onion peeled and halved
- 1 Avocado cubed
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Black Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil to coat vegetables (Squash, Broccoli, Onion). Season everything with salt and pepper and sprinkle Squash with cinnamon. Roast at 375 convection for about 30-40 min.
- Keep an eye on the veggies as roasting time for the onion may be shorter. Remove veggies when they look slightly browned.
- Lightly pan steam kale and spinach with a little bit of vegetable broth for flavor. You can also sauté with coconut oil, salt and pepper. Remove greens from heat when slightly wilted.
- Plate greens in a bowl. Add roasted veggies, 1 cut up avocado, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, salt, pepper.
- Drizzle with Cashew cream dressing. (see below)