Makes about 10-12 Brownies
These dark, rich and subtly sweet brownies are made with pure goodness! They're vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free and are super easy to make. Go ahead and indulge in these delicious treats, they are sure to become a staple in your dessert rotation! This slightly adapted healthier alternative recipe is courtesy of Healthy Holistic Living. You can see the original recipe here: http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/super-sweet-potato-brownies.html?t=FB
- 1 cup Mashed Sweet Potato
- ½ cup Smooth Nut Butter of Choice (I used Almond Butter, for those with nut allergies, try using SunButter)
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Bake a large sweet potato in the oven at 400 degrees for about 45 min or until soft.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8 x 8 square baking dish or loaf pan.
- On the stove, melt nut butter with maple syrup
- In a large bowl add mashed sweet potato, melted nut butter and maple syrup and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and refrigerating.
These brownies are best when cooled completely. Store in fridge or freezer and enjoy!