My family loves this pesto so much that this dish is now on a regular rotation in our house. It’s super delicious, filling, crazy healthy and the best part is you feel like you’re eating a big bowl of pasta. It’s also incredibly quick and easy to make. This recipe tastes great cold or you can sauté the noodles for a couple of minutes in a pan and then toss with the pesto sauce.
- 3 large or 4 medium sized Zucchinis
- 2 cups fresh Basil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ¼ cup raw Cashews
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12-15 Yellow Cherry Tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons olive oil and cashews. Process until smooth.
- Add nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and process to combine.
- Add basil and the rest of the olive oil and process again.
- Add apple cider vinegar and process until combined and set aside until you’re ready to combine with zucchini noodles.
- Spiralize the zucchini into noodles and place in large bowl and mix in the pesto until well coated.
- Toss in cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional), serve and enjoy!