Makes 12 muffins
I’m sure you’ve noticed by now that I love baking with sweet potatoes. They provide extra sweetness while packing in tons of healthy fiber. These muffins are naturally gluten and dairy-free, and take no time to throw together. Try making them with your kids, they will become your family’s favorite go-to anytime snack! This slightly adapted recipe is courtesy of Super Healthy Kids. You can see the original recipe here: http://www.superhealthykids.com/flourless-sweet-potato-blender-muffins/
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Almond Butter
- 4 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Allspice (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Bake sweet potato until tender – about 1 hour in a 400 degree oven. Let cool for when you’re ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Scoop out and measure ¾ cup mashed sweet potato and place in high-speed blender. Add all the remaining ingredients except the baking powder. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and blend on low until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling each cup ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!