One of my favorite meals in our house is Taco Tuesdays because it’s a night where I make ONE meal and everyone actually eats it! While my kids enjoy piling their taco shells with a variety of toppings, I love to add roasted veggies in addition to all the toppings to make this incredibly delicious salad!
- 1 Head of Broccoli cut into small florets
- I Head of Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Sweet Potato cut in cubes
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Cashew Cream
- 3 Cups Arugula
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ tsp. Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Rao’s marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan.
- Coat cauliflower, broccoli, onion and sweet potatoes with oil, season with salt and pepper and spread on baking sheet.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, check and then toss veggies on the baking sheet and cook for additional 10 - 20 minutes or until desired amount of browning and tenderness. Remove broccoli, cauliflower and onion first as they will be done before the sweet potatoes.
- Place ground turkey meat in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, ground cumin and salt. Cook ground turkey meat, breaking up with a wooden spoon until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- When meat is cooked add marinara sauce.
- Assemble the salad by tossing the arugula with olive oil. Then top with ground turkey, roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower, onion, and broccoli. Add some guacamole and salsa. Finally top with a dollop of cashew cream!