Makes 12 muffins
These egg muffins are the perfect way to start your day but they can easily be eaten for brunch, dinner or as a snack! They are packed with protein and contain a little bit of almost every nutrient we need. The difference between the two egg muffins is for one I just cracked the egg right in the muffin cup. These are perfect if you like a more “soft yolk” or a 7 minute egg. The other one is more like an omelet consistency in which I whisked the eggs first and then poured them into the muffin cups. My daughter loves the first one and my husband prefers the other. I love them both! You can make these muffins at the beginning of the week, store in the fridge or freezer and then just reheat throughout the week!
- 12 eggs (preferably organic, pasture-raised)
- Coconut oil or ghee
- 12 strips of organic turkey bacon (nitrate free)
- 8 asparagus spears cut into pieces (or feel free to use any veggie that you like)
- ½ avocado cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups with coconut oil or ghee or I love these silicon muffin cups. You don't need to grease them and the muffins come out very easily.
- Cook bacon in frying pan and then lay bacon in each muffin cup, push down or tear into large pieces.
- For “soft egg” crack an egg in each cup. For omelet style whisk eggs in a bowl first and then pour evenly in each muffin cup.
- Distribute asparagus and avocado pieces throughout each cup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge or freezer and reheated to use throughout the week!