Here's another super easy and delicious way to prepare zucchini noodles. It's a take off of the classic spaghetti aglio e olio with some gluten-free yumminess on top! This recipe is courtesy of Melissa Joulwan. You can view the original recipe at: http://meljoulwan.com/2011/08/18/comfort-noodles/
- 4 medium sized zucchinis; spiralized or julienned with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- Handful of fresh minced parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place spiralized zucchini between paper towels to squeeze excess water out. Let them sit while you prepare the topping.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mix the almond flour with the coconut oil and sprinkle it with a little salt. Then sauté in the pan, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until it’s toasty brown for about 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a plate to cool. As it cools, the coconut oil will solidify and make “crumbs” so don’t worry if it’s just brown dust when you take it out of the pan. Just push the dust together into a pile and let it do its thing.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the zucchini noodles. Sauté until just tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Push the noodles to the side of the pan and reduce heat to low. Let the pan cool down for a couple of minutes and then add the olive oil and garlic. After about 20 seconds when garlic is fragrant, pour in the eggs and allow them to cook until just beginning to set a tiny bit. Mix the zucchini noodles into the egg and continue to stir gently and continuously until the egg is set and noodles are well coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, plate noodles (I love to put them in a deep bowl) and sprinkle with the almond flour crumbs and minced parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!