Even if you aren’t a huge beet fan, you won’t be able to resist these crispy beetroot fries. Beets are so ridiculously good for us, they’re packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, are anti-inflammatory and help purify our blood and detoxify cancer-causing poisons. We should all be eating this root veggie regularly and this recipe couldn’t be easier or more delicious!
- 6 (3 golden and 3 purple) Beets
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan.
- Wash and cut each beet into long rectangular pieces. (You don’t have to peel; the skin has lots of good stuff like fiber).
- Toss the beets with coconut oil in a bowl and then spread on baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, check and then toss beets on the baking sheet and cook for another 15 minutes. Beets should be slightly brown when done.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!