Yields about 2 servings
Chickpeas are a great source of protein (15 grams per cup!) and fiber, are super filling and roasting them makes them even more delicious! Try tossing these crunchy little bites into salads, mixing into a trail mix, or enjoying them on their own. They are a great afternoon snack for kids, perfect for munching on while doing homework!
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans); drained and rinsed or use cooked chickpeas and rinse
- 1- tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 – teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain chickpeas and rinse well or cook chickpeas and rinse well.
- Spread the beans out on a baking sheet in a single layer and dry them really well with a towel. The drier they are the better and crunchier they will turn out. The key is to make sure they go into the oven without any water left on them.
- Drizzle or spray with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, shaking the pan every 15 minutes or so to make sure they don’t burn.
- They should be golden brown and crunchy on the inside when they’re done.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and enjoy!