This Delicata squash if one of my favorite side dishes to prepare! It’s so simple, so pretty and absolutely delicious! Roasting brings out its delicate sweetness and gives the squash a rich and creamy texture. It also saves you time in the kitchen because you don’t need to peel the skin as you do with most other kinds of squash. The skin is not only edible it’s packed with tons of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- 2 Delicata Squashes sliced into rings with seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped Thyme (preferably fresh herbs but dried is fine too)
- 1 teaspoon chopped Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped Sage
- ½ cup whole Sage leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean squash by running under water and scrubbing away any dirt with you hands. Cut and remove seeds and arrange squash in a single layer on baking sheet. Coat both sides of squash with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until squashes are starting to brown and caramelize, about 20 minutes. Using a spatula flip squashes and continue to roast for about 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Serve and Enjoy!