This fried egg, smoked salmon and avocado sandwich on a grilled Portobella Mushroom is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy an egg sandwich without any refined carbs or processed ingredients! Perfect for a nourishing weekend breakfast or substantial lunch that you will love!
- 2 Portabella Mushroom caps, stem removed, wiped clean
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 slices smoked salmon
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- ½ tsp. chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skilled (I love a cast-iron skillet for this recipe) heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushroom caps, round side up, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Flip mushrooms over, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove mushroom caps from skillet and place on plate.
- Lay sliced salmon on top of one mushroom. Then add sliced avocado on top of salmon.
- Crack egg into skillet and fry until desired doneness, edges are turning brown. Remove egg and place on top of avocado.
- Place remaining mushroom cap on top.
- Garnish with parsley.