Satisfy that craving for something crispy with homemade, healthy, delicious veggie chips! My family couldn’t eat these fast enough! I used golden beets, purple potatoes, sweet potatoes and celery root. With a little bit of salt and good quality oil like extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil you can turn any firm, flavorful tuber or root veggie into a delicious salty chip that your family won’t be able to resist!
- 3 golden beets
- 1 medium size celery root
- 3 small or 1-2 medium sized purple potatoes
- 1-2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- Olive oil in a spray bottle (I love this one: https://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Refillable-Non-Aerosol-18-Ounce-Capacity/dp/B00FMXG8XI
- sea salt parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel celery root and beets. Wash the potatoes but you can leave the skin on.
- Slice all the veggies as thinly as possible (I used a mandoline) about 1/16 inch thick.
- Place a wire cooling rack over a rimmed baking sheet; lightly mist rack with olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray.
- Lay vegetable slices on rack as close together as possible without overlapping. Spray lightly with olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then flip slices and bake for another 10 minutes. Continue baking slices in 3-5 minute intervals, removing slices that are turning golden and beginning to crisp (vegetables will crisp further as they cool). Continue until all slices are done.
- Sprinkle with parsley (optional) and enjoy!