I love a chopped salad! This is an ultra simple recipe that is super-nutritious, tastes great and comes together super-quickly! The food processor chops all the veggies into small pieces, soaking up the flavors fast. Leftovers can be chilled and may even be better the second or third day!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- This first step is optional. I like to toss the cauliflower and broccoli in a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes – just enough time for the veggies to get that yummy roasted flavor. However, to cut down on time you can totally skip this step and keep your veggies raw if you want and proceed below. Both ways taste amazing!
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped. Scrape into a large bowl. Pulse broccoli until finely chopped. Scrape into bowl. Pulse carrots until finely chopped and scape into bowl.
- With food processor running, drop garlic through feed tube to chop. Add cilantro and parsley and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape mixture into bowl with vegetables.
- Add oil, pumpkin seeds, vinegar, salt and pepper to bowl and stir well until combined. Let stand 10 minutes.