Makes 2 servings
I made this crumble as an afterschool snack for my kids on a day that they both had sports until 7:30pm, which meant they wouldn’t be eating dinner until late. I wanted something that had protein and healthy fats to give them energy and keep them satisfied until dinner. Not only did my kids devour it, but my son’s high school tutor tried it and absolutely loved it saying it was exactly the kind of snack she and all her friends would make (or have their mom’s make)!
It’s also the perfect way to indulge our own sweet tooth. It’s plenty sweet without adding any sugar, and the spices give it a delicious taste that you’ll love!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp organic grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 apple cut up (I used pink lady but use whatever type you like)
- 1 pear cut up
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 tsp organic raw honey for drizzling (optional)
- In a sauté pan, heat coconut oil and ghee and add the chopped apple, pear, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook until fruit is tender, about 7-10 min.
- Add oats and cook for another couple of minutes to toast the oats.
- Next, add the almonds, cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into 2 bowls and top with a few extra oats and almonds and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon.
- Drizzle honey (optional)