This pasta dish is one of my favorites! It’s the perfect combo of deliciously rich and creamy and decadent while also being packed with protein and fiber AND tons of health benefits from all the veggies! It’s a pretty perfect way to have a high-protein, meatless Monday meal that your whole family will love!
- 1 cup cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup eggplant cubed
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced kale leaves
- 1 diced large shallot
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 3 cups almond or cashew milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Extra salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp organic grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee
- 1-2 boxes of Banza Chickpea Pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower and eggplant with olive or coconut oil, salt and pepper and roast on baking sheet for about 30 min. or until just starting to brown. Set aside.
- Prepare a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to pkg directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 3 tbsp butter or ghee over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot, stirring occasionally; cook for 10 – 12 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add kale, stirring until wilted and slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile in pasta pot melt 3 more tbsp. of butter or ghee over medium heat. Add almond flour and cook for 2 min. Pour in milk in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Bring to a simmer and cook about 7-8 minutes, until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper and ¼ tsp nutmeg.
- Stir in mushroom-kale mixture, eggplant, cauliflower and pasta into sauce and serve.