I love this combo of roasted Carrots and Parsnips. Parsnips are Carrots' sweeter “cousins” with a rich, nutty flavor and when paired together, make a really delicious and super easy-to-prepare side dish!
- 3-4 large Carrots
- 3-4 large Parsnips
- 2 tablespoons healthy oil of your choice (Coconut, Olive or Avocado)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Parsley, Rosemary or Dill
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- If using Coconut Oil, melt in saucepan, otherwise skip this step.
- Wash and cut Carrots and Parsnips into long rectangular pieces. (You don’t have to peel; the skin has lots of good stuff like fiber).
- Toss the veggies with oil in a bowl and then spread on baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, check and then toss on the baking sheet and cook for another 20 minutes or until veggies are tender and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with Parsley, Dill or Rosemary and enjoy!