Roasting vegetables is the easiest way to prepare them, they taste the yummiest and the prep can even be done ahead of time. Roasting browns the veggies nicely on the outside, concentrating and sweetening their flavor that even picky eaters love! I love the combination of the sweet beets and potatoes with the broccoli and cauliflower. This makes a really delicious and super-easy-to-prepare side dish for entertaining!
- 1 head of Broccoli, cut into bite size florets
- 1 head of Cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 3 Beets, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 Sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons healthy oil of your choice (Coconut, Olive or Avocado)
- 3 tablespoons chopped Thyme, Rosemary and Parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place whole sweet potatoes into oven. Bake these for about 30 min and then turn and bake for another 15-20 minutes until soft.
- If using coconut oil melt in saucepan, otherwise skip this step.
- After placing potatoes in the oven, toss the broccoli with oil in a bowl and then spread on baking sheet or in a glass-baking dish. Do the same with the cauliflower and then finally the beets. Be sure not to crowd the veggies – use another baking sheet/glass dish if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast veggies for about 20 minutes, check and then toss on the baking sheet and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until veggies are tender and lightly browned.
- The broccoli and cauliflower will be done before the beets. Remove when done and place on a platter. Roast beets for about 15 minutes more and remove when done.
- Sprinkle veggies with parsley, thyme and rosemary combination.
- Finally remove sweet potatoes from oven and slice in thick pieces, add to platter and serve!