Makes 2 servings
For those who enjoy an easy no-cook overnight cereal, you must give this a try! Mix a jarful of yumminess up at night for a filling and healthy breakfast at-the-ready. The groats absorb the liquid yet maintain their slightly crunchy texture, making this a perfect option for those who find oats a little too mushy. Buckwheat groats are nutrient packed, gluten-free seeds that are so good for you. They are a good source of fiber, protein, rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids and anti-oxidants providing several health benefits, including lowering inflammation, improving digestion, blood sugar control and improving heart health.
- ½ cup raw Buckwheat Groats
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk of choice (I typically use unsweetened Almond milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons Hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted Coconut Chips
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup chopped Strawberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- Most packaged groats do not require rinsing but if purchased in bulk section then rinse groats under water to remove chalky coating.
- In a glass jar (I use a wide mouth mason jar) combine groats, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla and honey. Stir in the milk, and then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The following morning stir well before eating to evenly distribute the oats.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds, coconut chips, pumpkin seeds, strawberries and blueberries or any other desired toppings of choice.
- Add an extra drizzle of honey if more sweetness is preferred.