Makes about 12 - 14
These healthy rice crispy treats made with peanut butter and honey are soft, chewy and so delicious! This wholesome, made-over version of the classic is a fun and easy recipe to make with kids and is guaranteed to hit the spot for you too!
- 2 cups organic crispy rice cereal (I used half brown and half white rice cereal)
- ½ cup peanut butter (you can substitute with any nut butter of your choice)
- ½ cup of raw honey
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the crispy rice cereal in a large bowl.
- Melt the peanut butter with the honey in a small saucepan on the stove and then pour the mixture into the crispy rice cereal and combine well. (The peanut butter I used was very soft so I didn’t need to melt first.)
- Pour mixture onto the parchment paper and press firmly into place.
- Refrigerate or freeze for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Using a sharp knife, cut into squares and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.