Swap pasta for low-carb, gluten-free spaghetti squash in this delicious and super easy to make shrimp scampi dish. Whether your aim is more veggies or just a new go-to-recipe, this bright and lemony dish is packed with nutrition and perfect for cold wintery days so give these fiber-filled noodles a try!
- 2 small or 1 large spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee or grass-fed butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees convection or 400 degrees.
- Cut squash crosswise; take out seeds and season with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and place cut side down on baking sheet.
- Bake until easily pierced with a fork, about 40-50 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- Once squash can be easily handled, scrape insides into spaghetti strands with a fork and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil and ghee or butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook garlic until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and season with salt, freshly ground pepper and red pepper flakes. Sauté shrimp until pink, tossing often to prevent burning, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add spaghetti squash strands. Mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Sprinkle with parsley, toss and enjoy!