Makes about 4 servings
Thick, rich, creamy, whipped, chocolatey goodness…so decadent, you’d never believe it’s healthy and beyond easy to throw together! All you need are 10 minutes and a few simple ingredients to make this dairy-free, antioxidant packed mousse that’s the perfect treat to satisfy any sweet tooth!
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Extra squares of dark chocolate, shaved, for garnish
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight or placed in the freezer an hour before making
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- Seeds from one fresh vanilla pod (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
- Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over the saucepan making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir chocolate until melted, remove bowl from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Scoop the solid thick cream on top out of the can of coconut milk, trying not to get any of the water and place in a medium bowl. You can throw away cans with the water in them as you won’t need them anymore.
- Add honey. Using a mixer beat on high until thick and creamy, about 2 minutes. Reserve about 4-5 tablespoons of the whipped cream to use as a topping for the mousse. Set aside.
- Pour the melted chocolate, scraped vanilla seeds or vanilla extract and cocoa powder into the bowl. Beat on low until smooth and thick.
- Divide mousse between 4 glasses or bowls. Top with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and berries.