Makes 1 serving
I love using sweet potato toast as a bread substitute! Whether you’re are gluten-free or trying to add more fiber to your diet, sweet potato toast lends a richness and subtle sweetness to whatever fillings you choose to use. Another big advantage is the added nutrition you get! Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene, which gets converted into vitamin A in our body. Vitamin A is important for hair, skin, nails, vision, and plays a key role in immune function. Combine them with protein and a healthy fat and you have a seriously nutrient-packed and delicious sandwich!
- 2 slices raw sweet potato
- 1/3-1/4 Avocado Slices
- 1 small handful of mixed lettuces
- 3 slices turkey
- 1 tsp. Avocado Oil Mayo
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place sweet potato slices in a toaster on high for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. You may need to toast multiple times depending on the length of your toaster settings.
- When sweet potato is ready top with lettuce, turkey, avocado slices and mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper.