Arugula’s spicy kick gives this delicious salad tons of flavor while the roasted veggies, avocado and seeds offer lots of texture and fill you up!
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 sweet potato sliced and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cup cut cauliflower florets
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- 4 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds
- 3-4 tbsp. olive, avocado, coconut oil or ghee for roasting vegetables
- 1 -2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for massaging kale
For the cashew cream dressing:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place cashews in a bowl and fill with filtered water at least an inch above the cashews.
- Allow cashews to soak for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Rinse cashews and place in blender with vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper and ½ cup of filtered water.
- Blend on high until creamy or desired consistency, adding more water as required to get very smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss cauliflower, sweet potatoes and onions with olive, avocado, coconut oil, or ghee and salt and pepper and roast until golden brown. The cauliflower will take less time than the sweet potatoes and onions, about 25 min, so remove the cauliflower when it looks done and continue roasting the potatoes and onions until they are done, for about another 15 min.
- While the vegetables are cooking put kale in a large bowl. Add 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and massage until kale is soft and bright green. Then add arugula and toss altogether.
- Once vegetables are all done add them to the salad and toss.
- Plate the salad, garnish with ½ pea shoots, sesame seeds and drizzle with cashew cream.