Makes 2 servings
I love steel cut oats because they have a nuttier, earthier flavor than rolled oats. They're delicious on their own with nothing more than a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon, but this recipe brings them to a whole new level! With amazing ingredients, this healthy, filling, protein packed breakfast is a great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and anti-oxidants, providing several health benefits, including improving digestion and heart health, regulating blood sugar and lowering inflammation!
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 cups water or unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice), or a mix of both
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ground Flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp. Hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. Chia seeds
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 3 tbsp. raw honey
- ¼ cup chopped Walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 cup strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- Pour oats, salt and water and or milk into saucepan and bring to boil over high heat.
- Once water is boiling, reduce the heat to low simmer. Cover and cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping bottom of pan.
- Cook until oats are tender and as creamy as you like it.
- Pour oats into bowl, add a little milk if you want it creamier, finally add desired toppings above.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can also let the oats cool and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- The oats will thicken in the fridge; stir a little milk or water into them when reheating to loosen.