This zucchini noodle dish is a great staple to enjoy the freshest flavors summer has to offer. A delicious, healthy and light dinner treat that looks impressive yet it’s surprisingly quick and easy to make!
- 3-4 zucchini spiralized
- 2 cups fresh basil + a few leaves to chop for garnish
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (shells removed)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup sun sugar tomatoes (or any tomato of your choice)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare pesto, combine basil, pumpkin seeds, garlic, nutritional yeast, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until combined to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Put zucchini in a large skillet over low heat. Slowly add pesto about 2 tablespoons at a time. Toss and continue to add until noodles are coated to your liking. Add tomatoes and plate.
- Garnish with chopped basil and serve immediately.