This stir-fry is made with my favorite vegetables and my homemade stir-fry sauce. Not only is it delicious but it’s packed with too health benefits to list! Served over protein-packed, gluten free soba noodles makes it an ideal dish that’s great on it’s own or can pair well with any additional protein!
- 2 heads broccoli cut into florets
- 1 head of bok choy trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 8 ounces 100% buckwheat soba noodles (I used Eden Foods)
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger or ginger juice
- 1 tbsp. tamari or shoyu soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- ¼ cup brown rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh scallion, chopped (I also recommend cilantro if you like that)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ghee or grass fed butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Zest from 1 lemon
- White or black sesame seeds for garnish
- Prepare the stir-fry sauce by combining the ginger, tamari, coconut aminos, vinegar, sesame oil, scallion and garlic. Set aside.
- Steam the broccoli florets in a steamer basket until bright and green. If you don’t have a steamer basket you can bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and boil broccoli for about 30 seconds to 1 min. Remove from water and set aside.
- Repeat above for the bok choy. Set aside with the broccoli.
- Bring water back to a boil and cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on the package. Strain when done and set aside.
- Melt olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter or ghee in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add broccoli, bok choy and prepared stir-fry sauce to the mushrooms. Add and melt the remaining tbsp. of butter and cook together for a few minutes, coating all the vegetables in the sauce.
- Fill bowls with a portion of the soba noodles and top with the vegetables. Add additional sauce on top if desired. Garnish with lemon zest and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!