This high fiber, protein-rich and ridiculously healthy veggie bowl is so yummy it will immediately become one of your favorite dishes! While I am always in the mood to eat a big bowl of roasted veggies with nuts, beans, sweet potato, avocado etc., I want the rest of my family to be as enthused, so I prepare everything, set it out on the counter and everyone makes their own bowl with whatever ingredients they want in it. The verdict – they love it! This is a picture and the recipe of my bowl, which is also perfect for a meatless Monday dish, but I also grilled a piece of chicken and salmon so my family could add those to their bowls as well.
- I Head of Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 Sweet Potato sliced
- 1 can Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans); drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Quinoa rinsed
- 3 cups packed Kale
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2-4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
- Parsley for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Black and white Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Lemon wedges
- Cashew Cream for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread drained and rinsed Chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer and dry them really well with a towel. The drier they are, the better and crunchier they will turn out. The key is to make sure they go into the oven without any water left on them.
- Drizzle or spray with Olive Oil, sprinkle with ½ -1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. garlic powder and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, shaking the pan every 15 minutes or so to make sure they don’t burn.
- They should be golden brown and crunch on the inside when they’re done.
- Melt Coconut Oil in small saucepan.
- Coat Cauliflower and Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Oil, season with Salt and Pepper, sprinkle Sweet Potatoes with cinnamon and spread on baking sheet.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, checking and turning veggies on the baking sheet half way through until desired amount of browning and tenderness.
- Rinse and drain the Quinoa. Add rinsed Quinoa, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. Garlic Powder and vegetable broth to a small saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, until liquid is dissolved. Let sit for a few minutes, fluff with a fork and set aside.
Kale and Arugula:
- While Quinoa and the rest of the ingredients are roasting, preheat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil. Add Garlic and sauté for 1 min. Add Kale and Arugula and cook for approx. 3-5 minutes until wilted. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Remove from heat and sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds.
- Assemble the bowl with a scoop of Quinoa, Cauliflower, Kale and Arugula mixture, Sweet potato slices, Chickpeas and ¼ Avocado.
- Add lemon wedges to squeeze over bowl.
- Finally drizzle with Cashew Cream and enjoy!