Grapefruit is as delicious hot as it is cold - perfect for a warm breakfast on a cold day. This recipe uses a naturally sweet topping to balance out the citrusy sourness and broiling caramelizes everything a little, melting it into the tangy grapefruit underneath. You can leave out the honey if you like the sourness with your sweet, but even with the honey, this is a super low-sugar way to enjoy this delicious and healthy fruit!
- Raw organic honey
- Organic cinnamon
- Sliced fruit (I used organic strawberries)
- Chopped walnuts
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut grapefruit in half and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle grapefruit generously with cinnamon.
- Place strawberries and chopped walnuts on top.
- Drizzle honey on top of each half (optional).
- Place the grapefruit under the broiler until slightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy while still warm.